You should only use Escrow.com, LUXETON’S approved escrow service.
If your trading partner refuses to use Escrow.com,
Don’t click links in any emails that claim to be from Escrow.com,
or any escrow service, because they could be fraudulent. Instead,
type www.escrow.com into the address bar of your web browser and
proceed from there.
If you’re a seller, be cautious about buyers claiming to have paid
for an item through an escrow service other than Escrow.com.
Look at the listing to see the seller’s policy about escrow.
If it’s not clear, contact the seller.
The escrow process
1. Both parties (buyer and seller) agree to use Escrow.com.
2. The buyer sends payment to Escrow.com rather than directly
to the seller.
3. Escrow.com tracks the shipment of the item.
4. The buyer inspects the item and lets Escrow.com know whether
they accept it or not.
5. If the item is accepted (or the inspection period runs out),
the funds are paid to the seller by check.
6. If the item is not accepted, the buyer must return the item
to the seller. In this case, the buyer is required to pay the
return shipping fee and the escrow fee. This rule minimizes
casual returns. Payment, minus the escrow fees, is then returned
to the buyer.